COLUMBUS QUICK FORECAST
- STORM TEAM 4 WEATHER ALERT
- Today: Partly sunny, humid, showers and thunderstorms, some strong to severe. High 88
- Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms in the evening, less humid late. Low 62
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, cooler. High 79
- Friday: Brilliant sunshine, comfortable. 59/82
- Saturday: Mostly sunny. 56/72
It’s a Storm Team 4 Weather Alert Day! We will heat up again today and the air mass over Central Ohio will continue to become more unstable. The southerly air flow of warm, sub-tropical air, still remnants of Cristobal, and then a cold front crossing the state will generate storms. Timing is still iffy but not iffy is that some of these storms are likely to become severe especially in the northern half of the state. Damaging winds, large hail and tornadoes will be possible with these storms. High temperatures will be in the upper-80s and feel like mid-90s.
Showers and storms should come to a quick end behind the front tonight from west to east. As the front continues east it will become less humid. It will be breezy and partly cloudy and clearing at sunrise. The low will be in the low 60s, 10-degrees cooler than 24 hours earlier and closer to normal.
Tomorrow and Friday will be sunny and dry with highs around 80. The weekend will be very comfortable with highs in the low to mid-70s.
The beginning of next week, Monday and Tuesday, has more pleasant weather. It will be sunny with highs around 80, right on target for the middle of June.