COLUMBUS QUICK FORECAST
- This afternoon: Partly cloudy, mild. High 60
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, spotty showers. Low 44
- Saturday: Rain later, breezy. High 58
- Sunday: Clearing, breezy. High 60 (44)
- Monday: Brilliant sunshine, warmer. High 70 (39)
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny and warm. High 81 (52)
Today will be dry thanks to the southeast high, which will ease over to the east coast today allowing high clouds from the next system into the Buckeye State during the day. So today will be partly cloudy and milder with a high near 60, still about five degrees below average.
Tonight surface low pressure will move northwest into Kentucky and that will bring thicker clouds into the Ohio Valley with a chance of a few showers after midnight. Low temperatures tonight will be in the 40s.
Rain showers will move into the state during the day tomorrow. Rainfall totals of a tenth to a quarter inch will be possible in Central Ohio. Those totals will be closer to a half to three quarters of inch near the Ohio River. Tomorrow’s high will be around 60 again.
Behind that system high pressure moves into the region with dry weather and a warming trend. Skies will clear Sunday with a high around 60. High temperatures will be above average around 70 Monday then warm up to around 80 Tuesday and Wednesday.