The temperature in Columbus reached 94 degrees Saturday in Columbus, after hitting 93 on Friday, making it feel like midsummer this weekend.
The difference on Saturday compared to the previous days was an increase in humidity that paved the way for some gusty late-day thunderstorms in some areas. This was the first rainfall for places that had one or even two bursts of rain early this evening in two weeks.
The summer heat will continue beneath a sprawling upper-level ridge of high pressure over the central portion of the country. However, a backdoor cold front that slipped through central Ohio and triggered those scattered storms will bring slightly cooler conditions in the coming days.
High pressure will build south from Canada Sunday and Monday. Another cold front will bring clouds Tuesday night, with a few showers possible into early Wednesday. A noticeable dip in temperatures will occur midweek into the more seasonable 70s.
- Tonight: Lingering clouds, light fog late. Low 60
- Sunday: Partly cloudy, breezy, not as hot. High 86
- Monday: Mostly sunny. High: 83 (57)
- Tuesday: Partly cloudy, little cooler. High 79 (60)
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny. High 75 (53)
- Thursday: Seasonable sunshine. High 77 (54)
- Friday: Partly cloudy. High 81 (56)