High pressure brought another beautiful day, with a distinct warmup in a light southerly flow. The afternoon high of 81 degrees marks the warmest day of the month so far.
High cloudiness will overspread the region ahead of a storm system in the Central states. The arrival of higher humidity on Friday will create chances for scattered showers and isolated storms, some with brief downpours.
A frontal boundary will sag south on Saturday, serving as a focus for occasional showers and a few storms through early afternoon. There will be a period of dry weather later on Saturday and through most of Mother’s Day.
A disturbance will eventually push through Sunday night, with showers returning that will linger Monday morning, before the skies clear later in the day.
- Tonight: Clouds increasing. Low 58
- Friday: Mainly cloudy, scattered showers, storms by afternoon. High 76
- Saturday: Mainly cloudy, showers, storms ending mid-afternoon. High 76 (63)
- Sunday: Mostly cloudy, evening showers. High 75 (58)
- Monday: Showers linger, clearing later. High 71 (52)
- Tuesday: Partly sunny. High 73 (51)
- Wednesday: Partly cloudy. High 74 (52)