High pressure over the Southeast will promote another warm, muggy day in a southwesterly flow, but with some cloud cover that will lower temperatures a few degree this afternoon, compared to Monday and Tuesday’s low 90s. Highs will top out in the upper 80s in central Ohio, with spotty showers and storms developing, mainly across northern sections.
The combination of heat and humidity and an approaching cold front will bring a better chance of scattered showers and storms later today through Thursday.
Low pressure will track across the Great Lakes tonight and Thursday, with a cold front making slow eastward progress, triggering several rounds of showers and storms.
Cooler and drier weather will arrive Friday, briefly, with highs in the upper 70s.
Rain will return this weekend as the front lifts north across Ohio and low pressure drifts east through the Midwest and meanders near the Mid-Mississippi Valley.
Tropical Storm Elsa
Tropical Storm Elsa will move northeast across northern Florida this afternoon and accelerate northeast. The greatest inland impacts will be downed trees/lines and flash flooding. The tropical storm will continue heading northeast Thursday through the Carolinas and eventually up the East Coast.
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, warm, muggy, scattered storms. High 89
- Tonight: Spotty showers, isolated storm. Low 69
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy, showers, storms. High 84
- Friday: Lingering clouds, showers a.m., cooler. High 79 (65)
- Saturday: Mostly cloudy, showers later. High 82 (66)
- Sunday: Some sun, showers, storms. High 84 (67)
- Monday: Partly sunny, scattered storms. High 86 (69)
- Tuesday: Scattered storms, muggy., High 88 (70)
Have a good day! -Ben