High pressure anchored off the southeast Atlantic Coast continues to pump moist southerly winds northward. A meandering upper-level low in the Ohio Valley will continue to generate mainly afternoon and evening showers and a few storms.
The weather will remain unsettled and muggy with rounds of showers and storms through Friday, as a couple of weak surface lows move east within a broad area of upper-level low pressure in the Ohio Valley. High temperatures will top out in the mid-80s in very humid air.
A cold front will push southward across the state Friday, accompanied by pop-up showers and storms, with a gradual drop in humidity this weekend with more sunshine. High pressure will drift across the region promoting mostly sunny skies Saturday. Temperatures will be quite warm through the weekend, with highs in the mid- to upper 80s.
A weak disturbance could trigger a few showers late Saturday into early Sunday. A cold front will move southeast on Monday, with a passing shower late followed by pleasant high pressure bringing cooler and comfortable weather.
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy, scattered showers, storm in spots. High 83
- Tonight: Showers early, humid. Low 70
- Friday: Partly sunny, scattered showers, storms. High 81
- Saturday: Partly cloudy, warm, evening storm. High 88 (66)
- Sunday: Partly cloudy, showers south. High 87 (69)
- Monday: Partly cloudy, late shower. High 86 (64)
- Tuesday: Partly cloudy. High 80 (59)
- Wednesday: Sunny, cooler. High 78 (55)