High pressure over the Mid-Atlantic region will promote a southwesterly flow of very warm and humid air into the Ohio Valley through midweek. Afternoon readings will approach 90 degrees, under sunny skies.
The heat will continue through Wednesday, with highs in the upper 80s and low 90s, and morning readings in the upper 60s.
The next chance for rain will come later on Wednesday, when a cold front arrives and takes the edge off the heat.
Pleasant and more seasonable conditions return in time for the weekend.
- Tonight: Fair. Low 68
- Labor Day: Sunny, hot. High 91
- Tuesday: Partly cloudy, hot, humid. High 92 (69)
- Wednesday: Scattered storms, more clouds. High 86 (70)
- Thursday: Mix clouds and sun. High 83 (68)
- Friday: Mix clouds and sun, cooler. High 79 (63)
- Saturday: Mostly sunny. High 78 (59)
- Sunday: Partly cloudy. High 83 (56)