QUICK WEATHER FORECAST:
- Today: Clouds increasing, High 76
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy, 58
- Monday: Mostly cloudy, High 75 (59)
- Tuesday: Spotty showers, High 76 (59)
- Wednesday: Scattered rain showers, High 73 (59)
- Thursday: Lingering rain, High 72 (56)
Sunday will bring a more clouds across central Ohio. We are continuing with our trend of seasonal temperatures. For the most part it will stay very pleasant outside for any activities. Highs will be in the mid 70s and lows will be in the upper 50s. This will be the last day we will see good bursts of sunshine until the end of the week.
The new week will bring a few changes. Skies will stay mostly cloudy through Monday. No weather related issues are expected for the getting the kids on the bus or for the morning drive into work. There will be the off chance for a sprinkle or two, but that will be in the later part of the evening. Highs will stay in the mid 70s. Lows will only fall to around 60 degrees with the cloud layer hanging over central Ohio.
Rain chances will really begin to increase across central Ohio during in the middle of the week. Our best chances for much needed rain will be between Tuesday through Thursday, with Wednesday giving us the biggest chance. Portions of the region can expect up to a half in of rain with a couple of pockets seeing more. Highs will stay in the low 70s, a little bitt cooler for this time of year.
Beyond this week we are expecting drier than normal weather to settle in, so hopefully we can squeeze out as much rain as possible. Every drop will matter. We will also begin another upswing in our temperatures. The weekend will see a return to the upper 70s, and we are looking at above normal temperatures moving in by the end of the month.
High pressure will shift east, promoting a southerly flow of warm and humid air.
Highs will approach 90 degrees on Sunday, as the humidity slowly rises. The heat will continue most of the week, with highs in the low 90s and morning readings in the upper 60s.
The next chance for rain will not come late Wednesday or Thursday, when a cold front arrives and takes the edge off the heat by the weekend.
- Tonight: High clouds, mild. Low: 67
- Sunday: Mostly sunny very warm. High 90
- Labor Day: Sunny, hot. High 92 (69)
- Tuesday: Heat continues, sticky. High 93 (69)
- Wednesday: Partly cloudy, hot and humid, stray storm. High 92 (70)
- Thursday: Mix clouds and sun, few storms p.m. High 86 (70)
- Friday: Partly cloudy. High 82 (65)