High pressure shifted east to the Mid-Atlantic Coast, turning winds southerly, which raised temperatures into the seasonable low 70s this weekend. Clouds will increase with an approaching disturbance that will trigger a few showers beginning Monday, especially across the southwest half of the state.
A warm front will develop near the Ohio River early in the week, with weak ripples aloft interacting with the front to trigger occasional showers and isolated storms Monday and Tuesday, with better coverage in the afternoon.
A broad southerly flow along the west side of high pressure will allow temperatures to warm to the low 80s later in the week, with rain staying a little off to the west during the latter part of the week.
- Tonight: Increasing clouds, shower late. Low 57
- Monday: Cloudy, occasional rain. High 69
- Tuesday: Scattered showers, possible storm. High 77 (57)
- Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, shower or storm. High 78 (59)
- Thursday: Sunshine, warmer. High 81 (61)
- Friday: Mostly sunny. High 83 (61)
- Saturday: Partly sunny, warm. High 85 (62)