Cloud cover and scattered light showers kept temperatures in the mid-70s, about 10 degrees below normal for mid-July. A cluster of showers and a few storms will pivot northeast into Ohio overnight and continue Sunday morning, heavy at times.
A storm system in the mid-Mississippi Valley will remain nearly stationary, drawing warm, humid air into Ohio from the southwest. A wave of low pressure will help push a warm front north Sunday, serving as a focus for a few rounds of showers and storms. Any storm in the afternoon could produce a downpour and gusty winds during peak heating.
The storm system in Illinois will drift weaken over the western Great Lakes early in the week, still favoring scattered mainly afternoon and early evening showers and storms through much of the week.
Rain chances will briefly diminish midweek, but a cold front approaching at the end of the week will bring a renewed opportunity for more numerous showers and storms. Highs all week will average in the mid-80s, with upper 80s in southeast Ohio.
- Tonight: Cloudy, showers, storms later. Low 69
- Sunday: Humid, heavy rain and a few storms. High 82
- Monday: Partly sunny, muggy, scattered storms p.m. High 86 (70)
- Tuesday: Partly sunny, few storms. High 86 (71)
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, isolated storm. High 87 (70)
- Thursday: Partly sunny, late storms. High 87 (70)
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, stray shower. High 85 (69)
- Thursday: Very warm, muggy, pop-up storms. High 87 (71)
- Friday: Partly sunny, scattered storms. High 86 (72)