WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY SOUTHERN OHIO
A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect later today for southern Ohio, including Pike, Jackson and Athens counties, and a Winter Storm Warning extends along upper Ohio River counties. A light coating of snow will fall early this evening in central Ohio, totaling less than an inch, but 2- 3 inches are expected across the southern and far eastern counties, creating hazardous travel conditions.
A cold front crossed the Ohio late Wednesday afternoon, bringing an end to the milder weather in the 40s. Behind the front, we are feeling the effects of a blast of cold air that will hold temperatures to the 20s under increasingly cloudy skies.
A southern disturbance will brush central Ohio with a period of light snow during the evening commute, before rotating east toward the Mid-Atlantic Coast. Roads will become slick in the cold air.
Friday will dawn quite cold and blustery, with early morning readings in the low 10s. High pressure will provide some sunshine, with afternoon readings barely rising above 20 degrees.
As the high slides east over the weekend, we will experience a quick warm-up Saturday ahead of another arctic cold front. Showers are likely Saturday night, followed by a blast of cold air at the end the weekend.
- Thursday: Clouds thicken, light snow develops. High 22
- Tonight: Cloudy, cold. Low 13
- Friday: Mainly sunny, brisk. High 24
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, not as cold. High 37 (14)
- Sunday: Morning rain, colder late. High 46 (36)
- Monday: Mix clouds and sun, much colder. High 26 (19)
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny, cold. High 29 (12)
- Wednesday: Partly cloudy, milder. High 42 (26)