A southerly flow of moist air will bring numerous showers and a few embedded thunderstorms. Temperatures will only rise under heavy cloud cover into the mid-70s.
A large slow-moving storm over the Midwest will drift eastward across the region, promoting humid and unsettled weather with occasional showers and storms. A few strong storms are possible later in the day as the instability increases.
A cold front will cross the state Friday, with more showers and rumbles. The clouds and scattered showers will shift farther east early Saturday in time for the holiday weekend. High temperatures will reach the mid-70s Saturday, under partly sunny skies.
Warmer weather will prevail Sunday and on Memorial Day, with summerlike highs in the 80s.
- Thursday: Showers, few storms later. High 76
- Tonight: Showers, storms, heavy rain early. Low 62
- Friday: Showers, rumbles p.m. High 72
- Saturday: Morning clouds, clearing later. High 74 (59)
- Sunday: Sunshine, breezy, warmer. High 82 (58)
- Memorial Day: Partly cloudy. High 87 (64)
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny. High 89 (67)
- Wednesday: Sunny, hot. High 91 (69)