High pressure over the eastern Great Lakes will keep the weather mainly dry until this evening, with a few light showers scooting across the northern half of the state. Temperatures will top out on the low to mid-60s, in central Ohio, with a light northeasterly breeze.
A surface low in the Midwest will travel east over the next few days, bringing several rounds of rain and embedded storms tonight and Friday. A few storms could be on the strong side, with heavy rain and gusty winds, across southern Ohio Friday afternoon and evening.
Showers will linger on Saturday, as an upper low settles over the region, before moving east later in the weekend. Temperatures will cool again, with readings near 60.
Sunshine will develop on Mother’s Day. A building ridge of high pressure aloft next week will send temperatures soaring into the upper 70s and low 80s. Showers will hold off until later in the week.
- Thursday: Mainly cloudy, cool. High 64
- Tonight: Showers developing, rumbles late. Low 56
- Friday: Showers, storms, heavy rain at times. High 66
- Saturday: Light showers, cool. High 61 (54)
- Sunday: Partly sunny, seasonable. High 70 (50)
- Monday: More sun, warmer. High 77 (56)
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny. High 82 (57)
- Wednesday: Partly cloudy, warm. High 84 (60)