Sunshine returned after a cloudy start Sunday, with light rain south of I-70, as an upper-level wave moved through the region. Temperatures topped out near 80 degrees with comfortable humidity to conclude an very pleasant weekend.
Skies will be partly cloudy overnight, with low temperatures in the low to mid-60s. Clouds will increase late, with spotty light showers around daybreak south of Interstate 70.
Scattered showers and storms will return in a southerly flow Monday with a lifting warm front, though coverage will be spotty. Skies will turn partly sunny skies, and the humidity will rise.. The best chance for storms will arrive in the evening, and a few storms could be strong to severe in advance of a cold front that will interact with the muggy air.
After an early shower southeast on Tuesday, the skies will turn mostly sunny, with seasonally warm readings in the mid-80s. A ridge of hot air will nudge into the Ohio Valley from the southwest midweek, bringing back the heat, with highs edging back up to near 90 degrees. Storms will develop later Thursday ahead of the next cold front.
- Tonight: Clouds increase, sprinkle at dawn. Low 64
- Monday: Mix clouds and sun, storms later, humid. High 84
- Tuesday: Shower early, clearing. High 82 (68)
- Wednesday: Sunny, hot, sticky. High 90 (67)
- Thursday: Partly sunny, hot, humid, storms p.m. High 89 (73)
- Friday: Scattered showers, storms, partly sunny. High 83 (71)
- Saturday: Partly sunny, stray storm. High 86 (69)