QUICK WEATHER FORECAST:
- Today: Partly cloudy & warmer, high 79
- Tonight: Mostly clear, patchy fog late, 57
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, high 81 (57)
- Monday: Sunny skies, high 83 (58)
- Tuesday: Mainly Sunny, high 84 (59)
- Wednesday: Sunny & warm, high 84 (60)
This weekend will start a change in our weather pattern. Saturday, the last day of September, will be partly cloudy with highs in the upper 70s. Tonight we expect another round of patchy fog to develop in spots, otherwise skies will be mostly clear. Lows will drop to the upper 50s.
A center of high pressure will begin to build over the region. This will be the driving force that keeps our weather quiet and dry to start October. We will also continue to see our temperatures rise and give the new month a bit of a summer feel.
Sunday will be mostly sunny during the day with a very light wind. Highs will crack the 80 degree mark. This will be nearly 10 degrees above normal for this time of year, but still well short of any record. Despite the warmer temps, the humidity will stay in check. This means it will still feel mostly comfortable for any outdoor activities. Skies will remain clear going into Sunday night with lows in the upper 50s.
The start of the work week continues to warm up as well. Mainly sunny skies will stick around as highs reach the low 80s. We will stay mostly sunny for the majority of the work week. Everything will change Friday when a cold front is expected to arrive and drop our temperatures back down to the low 70s. It will also bring the chance for some rain showers.
High clouds filtered the sunshine on an otherwise pleasant Saturday, with comfortable humidity and temperatures in the low to mid-80s. Clouds will increase tonight with a disturbance moving through Indiana into northwest Ohio, with showers possible late tonight into early Sunday along a warm front.
Sunday will start off cloudy, with scattered showers diminishing. Daytime heating may yield some additional late-day storms, mainly across the northern part of the state, where a warm front will continue to push slowly northward. Temperatures will top out in the mid-80s.
The next system, which is stronger, will move through the Great Lakes late Sunday night and Monday, with showers and storms focused ahead of a cold front arriving in the afternoon, then tapering off later in the evening. A few storms could be strong to severe.
Nice weather returns Tuesday and Wednesday, as temperatures cool down to the 70s and low 80s.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy, scattered showers, rumbles. Low 68
- Sunday: Mix clouds and sun, sticky, few storms. High 83
- Monday: Scattered showers, storms. High 82 (69)
- Tuesday: Partly sunny, cooler, less humid. High 79 (65)
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny. High 83 (61)
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy, showers, storms. High 82 (66)
- Friday: Showers, storms. High 81 (66)