A band of rain an embedded thunder extends from Newark to Columbus, London, and Dayton, drifting east this evening, with a few downpours. The line is relatively narrow with little rain north or south. The intensity will diminish with the loss of daytime evening early tonight.
A stalled front over Kentucky will continue to be the pathway for disturbances riding east, bringing rounds of showers and storms Thursday. Clouds will mix out for a time, allowing temperatures to warm into the mid-80s, with muggy conditions ahead of a cold front arriving toward evening.
A push of drier air on Friday behind the front will set us up for a nice weekend, with highs in the low 80s and more comfortable humidity. Scattered showers and storms will return on Monday, followed by a blast of heat to start the month of August beginning midweek.
- Tonight: Few showers, storms, very humid. Low 72
- Thursday: Mix clouds and sun, pop-up storms p.m. High 86
- Friday: Partly cloudy, cooler, less humid. High 80 (67)
- Saturday: Partly cloudy. High 81 (62)
- Sunday: Partly cloudy. High 82 (63)
- Monday: Scattered storms, more humid. High 83 (66)
- Tuesday: Scattered storms. High 84 (70)
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, hot, sticky. High 92 (68)
Have a good week! -Ben