COLUMBUS (WCMH)–Muggy air and temperatures in the upper 80s triggered scattered evening storms Thursday, and more rain will move through overnight as showers move east ahead of a slow-moving cold front.
Storm Team 4 is posting a Weather Alert Day Friday for the risk of some stronger storms later in the day, and the potential for heavy rain overnight into early Saturday.
A low-pressure area will ripple north along a cold front later Friday and early Saturday, accompanied by several rounds of showers and storms. The front will push south of the state Saturday evening, with improving conditions Sunday.
Behind the front, the air will be a little less humid early next week, with sunshine and a few clouds.
- Tonight: Scattered showers, rumbles, humid. Low 71
- Friday: Mostly cloudy, scattered showers, storms. High 85
- Saturday: Showers, storms. High 82 (70)
- Sunday: Partly sunny, shower south. High 83 (65)
- Monday: Mostly sunny. High 85 (65)
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny, warm. High 87 (66)
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, shower possible. High 86 (68)