The weather for the Ohio State vs. Notre Dame game this evening looks to be perfect, with fair skies and temperatures at kickoff in the low 70s at 7:30 p.m.
Skies will be mostly sunny again on Sunday, with high pressure over the Northeast producing a light easterly flow of dry air. Afternoon readings will reach the upper 70s.
Tropical Depression Ophelia will continue marching northward along the Eastern Seaboard. Rain will be confined to areas east of the Appalachians, with only some high clouds advancing westward across eastern Ohio.
A large upper-level low in the Plains states will drift slowly eastward through the weekend but the moisture corridor will remain west of Ohio.
Skies will be partly cloudy Monday, with afternoon temperatures in the seasonable upper 70s. Eventually, the system in the middle of the county will edge close enough to bring draw moisture from the Gulf of Mexico into the Ohio Valley. The next chance for welcome showers appears to be Wednesday and Thursday.
- Tonight: Mainly clear. Low 54
- Sunday: Mostly sunny. High 77
- Monday: Partly cloudy. High 76 (58)
- Tuesday: Clouds increase. High 77 (59)
- Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, few showers. High 72 (60)
- Thursday: Early showers, clouds. High 73 (57)
- Friday: Partly cloudy. High 75 (54)