STORM TEAM 4 WEATHER ALERT DAY
HEAT ADVISORY UNTIL 8 P.M.
A southwesterly flow of very warm and humid air will persist. Skies will be partly sunny, with plenty of humidity, as the temperatures climbs into the low 90s. A heat advisory is in effect for the combination of heat and humidity that will make it feel close to 100 degrees this afternoon.
A broad upper low across the northern Great Lakes will maintain a hot, muggy flow of air until a cold front slides south across Ohio Friday. Scattered storms will develop later this afternoon and evening across the northern half of the state and drift east-southeast. Any storm can bring gusty winds and very heavy rain.
The approaching cold front Friday will trigger several more rounds of showers and storms late tonight and Friday. The front should move south of the Ohio River late Friday night, ushering in cooler and less humid weather by the weekend.
High pressure will settle in over the weekend, offering lots of sunshine and seasonable temperatures, before drifting off the Mid-Atlantic coast early next week, setting up a return flow of warmer and more humid air.
- Thursday: Mix clouds and sun, hot, humid, scattered storms late. High 92
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy, muggy, showers, storms. Low 72
- Friday: Partly sunny, showers, storms. High 88
- Saturday: Few clouds, less humid. High 83 (66)
- Sunday: Sunny. High 81 (59)
- Monday: Mostly sunny. High 83 (61)
- Tuesday: Mostly cloudy, few showers, storms. High 84 (66)
- Wednesday: More sun, showers south. High 83 (67)