High pressure over the Tennessee Valley will promote sunny skies and a warm westerly flow, drawing more humid air into Ohio to start the week.
Hot and humid conditions will be prevalent, with an isolated storm in the southeast. The risk of showers and storms will increase Wednesday when a cold front and low pressure over southern Canada move east. The rain will linger on Thursday until the front moves past Ohio.
Drier weather returns briefly Friday, before another cold front brings rain and thunder Saturday.
Tropical Storm Elsa
Tropical Storm Elsa (65 mph) is over Cuba Sunday night, bringing heavy rain and high winds. The storm will emerge over open water Monday and track toward the Gulf coast of Florida, likely making a second landfall before heading northeast along the Eastern Seaboard to the Carolina coastline by Thursday.
- Tonight: Few clouds, warm. Low 69
- Monday: Mostly sunny, hot, humid. High 93
- Tuesday: Partly cloudy, hot, isolated storm p.m. High 93 (73)
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, storms p.m. High 90 (71)
- Thursday: Showers, few storms, cooler. High 82 (68)
- Friday: Mostly sunny. High 84 (65)
- Saturday: Mostly cloudy, humid, scattered showers, storm. High 84 (67)