FLOOD WATCH UNTIL 8 A.M. MONDAY.
A muggy weekend with downpours (1-3 inches) Saturday opened with an upper-level disturbance moving through the region. Another round of storms brought rain and thunder Sunday morning, followed by late afternoon downpours, as the next disturbance arrived from the northwest.
Low pressure drifting east across Illinois toward the southern Great Lakes will fuel showers and storms. High temperatures will be limited to the upper 70s/low 80s due to persistent cloud cover and off and on rain Monday.
Warm and humid conditions will continue early in the week. Tuesday looks to be dry and warmer, with temperatures approaching 90, under mostly sunny skies.
Showers and storms are likely later Wednesday ahead of a cold front that will lower temperatures and humidity late in the week.
Heat returns next weekend, typical of July!
- Tonight: Showers linger. Low 69
- Monday: Mix clouds and sun, few showers, storms. High 83
- Tuesday: More sunshine, hot, sticky. High 90 (67)
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, hot, pop-ups p.m. High 94 (72)
- Thursday: Partly cloudy, less humid. High 85 (72)
- Friday: Sunny, warm. High 88 (66)
- Saturday: Partly cloudy, hot and humid. High 92 (70)