High pressure over New England is providing sunshine, filtered by high clouds, and a light northeast breeze. Temperatures will top out in the mid- to upper 70s.
A few light showers will drift across the southern part of the state, associated with an upper-level low over the Southeast pulling moisture northwest around a coastal disturbance. Any rain should be short-lived, with the bulk of the measurable rain near and south of the Ohio River.
The system will gradually move off to the east on Memorial Day, with some lingering clouds on Monday and Tuesday, and a chance for a stray shower over the southeast half of the state.
A warmup begins early in the week, and summerlike temperatures will prevail under mainly sunny skies, with highs reaching the mid- to upper 80s, about 5 to 10 degrees above normal. No rain is expected currently for the Memorial Tournament, although an isolated shower could pop up next weekend with a gradual increase in humidity.
- Sunday: Mostly cloudy, stray light showers. High 76
- Tonight: Clouds linger. Low 59
- Memorial Day: Mix clouds and sun. High 81
- Tuesday: Partly cloudy, stray shower. High 84 (60)
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 85 (61)
- Thursday: Sunny, warmer. High 88 (62)
- Friday: Sunny. High 89 (63)
- Saturday: Partly cloudy. High 87 (64)