FREEZE WATCH EARLY TUESDAY
A southwesterly flow of mild air around high pressure along the Southeast coast last week gave way to chilly and wet conditions this weekend.
A cold front moved southeast across the state, shifting winds to the north and ushering in damp and cooler air. A series of waves will bring additional periods of rain through Monday morning.
Temperatures will fall into the lower 40s by daybreak, then hold nearly steady throughout the day, with a chilly northwesterly wind and cloudy skies.
Drier air will bring some sunshine on Tuesday, but the morning will be quite cold with a hard freeze (upper 20s). Clouds will return later in the day, as a disturbance brings some lake-enhanced moisture, which will include light rain and snow showers for Halloween trick-or-treaters.
Sunshine will return midweek, with the cold slowly moderating toward the weekend, though mornings will be frosty.
- Tonight: Periods of rain, cooler. Low 43
- Monday: Morning showers, breezy, chilly, late clearing. High 46
- Tuesday: Clearing, cold, clouds later, sprinkle/flurry. High 44 (29)
- Wednesday: Partly cloudy, crisp. High 45 (27)
- Thursday: Sunny. High 50 (26)
- Friday: Mostly sunny. High 55 (31)
- Saturday: Partly cloudy. High 59 (34)