COLUMBUS QUICK FORECAST
- Today: Partly sunny, showers, thunderstorms possible. High 59
- Tonight: Showers, storms possible ending by midnight. Low 38
- Saturday: Sunshine, cool. High 61
- Sunday: Rainy, breezy. High 57 (43)
- Monday: Early showers, partly cloudy, breezy. High 60 (44)
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny. High 62 (40)
Skies will turn partly sunny before a second system begins to move into Central Ohio from the northwest this afternoon and evening. That will bring thicker clouds back plus spotty showers into Central Ohio during the afternoon. Showers, with a few isolated thunderstorms, will be possible. It will be windy at times with highs near 60.
Showers and storms will taper off before midnight. Tonight’s low will dip into the unseasonably cool upper 30s. Patchy frost will be possible in some protected locations where temperatures dip even lower.
Tomorrow will be dry with some sunshine and highs near 60. The next frontal system approaches with rain tomorrow night just in time for Mother’s Day Sunday. It will be a cool, breezy and rainy day with some heavy downpours and highs in the mid to upper 50s. Areal, urban and river flooding will be possible because of the rain from Saturday night until Monday morning. Sorry, moms.
Showers move out early Monday. It will be breezy and partly cloudy with more below average temperatures. The high will be near 60 again. Expect more sunshine Tuesday and Wednesday with highs in the low to mid-60s.