A cool westerly breeze and temperatures struggling to reach 70, even with some sunshine, reflect a big change, after a week of summerlike weather.
A cold front trailing low pressure over the northern Great Lakes will push east of the Ohio Valley, ushering in drier air for the remainder of the day.
Readings during Football Friday Nite will drop from the mid-60s to the upper 50s, so take a light jacket. A secondary, reinforcing shot of cool air diving southeast through the Midwest will raise the possibility of a few showers tonight.
Much cooler air will arrive in the wake of the cold front, resulting in blustery conditions this weekend, with generally cloudy skies and scattered sprinkles during the OSU/Maryland game. Temperatures will only reach the mid-50s, after starting off in the 40s during the morning.
Sunday will be a little brighter, but still quite chilly, with afternoon readings again in the low to mid-50s and patchy clouds.
Readings will remain well below normal through the beginning of next week, before a gradual return to seasonal levels. Skies will still feature some cloud cover on Monday, turning partly to mostly sunny Tuesday.
Another chance for showers will come on Thursday with a cold front.
- Tonight: Clouds return, light showers north. Low 46
- Saturday: Mainly cloudy, stray showers, chilly breeze. High 56
- Sunday: Mostly cloudy. High 55 (42)
- Monday: Mix clouds and sun. High 57 (44)
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny. High 60 (40)
- Wednesday: Clouds increase, shower possible. High 66 (40)
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy, showers. High 69 (48)
- Friday: Partly sunny, lingering shower. High 62 (47)