Sunshine mixed with high clouds and temperatures in the 70s reflected high pressure building down across the Great Lakes, a refreshing change after a steamy start to August.
High clouds will be present overnight, blowing off a weakening area of showers over the Upper Midwest. Morning lows will dip into the 50s area-wide.
Skies will be partly cloudy Saturday, with clouds increasing toward evening ahead of a disturbance that will bring showers to northwest Ohio overnight, spreading southeast into central Ohio toward daybreak.
Showers and isolated thunderstorms will be around Sunday and Monday. Highs will be limited to the mid-70s Sunday, then rebound to near 80 Monday, with fewer showers that will be focused farther east with the passage of an upper-level system.
Dry weather will return by Tuesday, with only an isolated shower chance midweek. Temperatures will remain on the pleasant side, with highs in the low 80s under partly to mostly sunny skies in a northwesterly flow aloft.
- Tonight: Patchy high clouds. Low 56
- Saturday: Partly sunny, showers at night. High 78
- Sunday: Mostly cloudy, few showers, storms. High 75 (60)
- Monday: Mostly cloudy, shower in spots. High 78 (61)
- Tuesday: Partly sunny, isolated shower late. High 77 (59)
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, late shower. High 78 (60)
- Thursday: Mostly sunny. High 80 (59)
- Friday: Mainly sunny. High 81 (61)