BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT/WNBC) — The Columbus Clippers season has been, well, clipped for 2020.
An announcement was made by Minor League Baseball Tuesday after Major League Baseball said it would not be providing affiliated players this year. MiLB decided to cancel the season as a result.
“These are unprecedented times for our country and our organization as this is the first time in our history that we’ve had a summer without Minor League Baseball played,” said MiLB President and CEO Pat O’Conner. “While this is a sad day for many, this announcement removes the uncertainty surrounding the 2020 season and allows our teams to begin planning for an exciting 2021 season of affordable family entertainment.”
- Ohio State reaches 500K mark for COVID testing
- Capitol Police request 2-month extension of National Guard at US Capitol
- Chilly March pattern heading into weekend
- Newsfeed Now: Security tight at Capitol over ‘breach’ concerns; SC considers bringing back electric chair
- Man charged with robbing UDF then fleeing police