McCord went 19-of-23 for 318 yards while TreVeyon Henderson led the rushing attack with 88 of OSU’s 204 yards. He ran for two touchdowns and an average of nearly seven yards a carry.
In the win, Ohio State forced four turnovers: Steele Chambers interception, Denzel Burke forced a fumble that was recovered for a touchdown, Jordan Hancock forced fumble and Jermaine Mathews Jr. pick six.
Next week, the Buckeyes take on No. 9 Notre Dame in South Bend at 7:30 p.m. on NBC4.
Watch head coach Ryan Day and quarterback Kyle McCord discuss the win during the post-game press conference in the video player below.
Check below for live updates from OSU’s win against Western Kentucky.
- Kyle McCord completes a 7-yard pass on 4th and 5 to keep OSU’s first drive alive
- TreVeyon Henderson rushes 21 yards for the first touchdown of the game. 7-0 OSU
- Ohio State forces a turnover on downs near midfield
- Western Kentucky forces a strip sack and the Hilltoppers recover at their own 44-yard line
- Hilltoppers make a 43-yard field goal. OSU leads 7-3 with 1:07 left in the first quarter
- On 3rd and 3, TreVeyon Henderson rushes 7 yards for his second TD of the game. OSU leads 14-3 with 10:53 left in the second quarter
- Henderson accounted for 44 yards on that 12-play, 82-yard scoring drive
- Jordan Hancock was called for pass interference and then gave up a 34-yard catch to the OSU 24-yard line
- Hilltoppers score on a 2-yard receiver screen. OSU leads 14-10 with 8:10 left in the quarter
- Ohio State answers with a 75-yard touchdown strike from McCord to Marvin Harrison Jr. Buckeyes lead 28-10
- Hilltoppers convert on 4th down in their own territory but the Buckeyes stop the second fourth-down conversion. OSU takes over at the WKU 40-yard line
- Ohio State capitalizes on a 40-yard TD run from Chip Trayanum. OSU leads 28-10
- Jordan Hancock lays a huge hit and forces a fumble that’s recovered by OSU’s Davison Igbinosun
- 15-yard TD from McCord to Emeka Egbuka. OSU leads 35-10 with 1:55 left in the 2nd quarter. OSU has five touchdowns on six drives
- McCord finds Egbuka again on a 14-yard TD and Ohio State leads 42-10 at halftime
- Denzel Burke forces a fumble and Tyleik Williams recovers in the end zone for an Ohio State TD. Buckeyes lead 49-10
- Steele Chambers gets an interception near midfield
- Devin Brown is in the game at quarterback for Ohio State
- Brown connects with Carnell Tate for a 28-yard TD. It’s the first career touchdown for both Tate and Brown
- Devin Brown throws an interception that was tipped and caught by a Western Kentucky defensive lineman
- Jermaine Mathews Jr. returns an interception for a touchdown, the second touchdown of the game for OSU’s defense
- Ohio State wins 63-10