COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — Big Ten divisions will soon be a thing of the past after the conference released its new schedule model Thursday.
Teams like Ohio State will still play a nine-game league schedule, but it will look vastly different. The “Flex Protect” model is a flexible rivalry scheduling concept in which Big Ten schools will have up to three protected annual rivalry games and cycle through the other teams. Ohio State has one protected rivalry game against Michigan.
The new model will begin when the Big Ten grows to 16 schools in 2024. The Buckeyes will play at UCLA in 2024 and host USC in 2025.
See below for OSU’s full list of home and away Big Ten games for the next two seasons.
Ohio State 2024 home games
Ohio State 2024 away games
- Michigan State
- Penn State
Ohio State 2024 nonconference schedule
- Aug. 31: Southern Mississippi vs. Ohio State
- Sept. 7: Western Michigan vs. Ohio State
- Sept. 14: Off
- Sept. 21: Marshall vs. Ohio State
2024 Big Ten schedule dates will be announced in the fall of this year.
Ohio State 2025 home games
Ohio State 2025 away games
Ohio State 2025 nonconference schedule
- Aug. 30: Texas vs. Ohio State
- Oct. 18: UConn vs. Ohio State
The Buckeyes 2023 schedule features two primetime games on NBC4. Ohio State will travel to South Bend, Indiana to take on Notre Dame on September 23 at 7:30 p.m. and will host Michigan State on November 11 at 7:30 p.m.
Last season, Ohio State beat Notre Dame 21-10 at Ohio Stadium. The Buckeyes have beaten the Irish in their last five meetings and have an all-time record of 5-2 against them.
Ohio State football schedule
- Sept 2: Ohio State vs. Indiana
- Sept. 9: Youngstown State vs. Ohio State
- Sept. 16: Western Kentucky vs. Ohio State
- Sept. 23: Ohio State vs. Notre Dame at 7:30 p.m.
- Oct. 7: Maryland vs. Ohio State
- Oct. 14: Ohio State vs. Purdue
- Oct. 21: Penn State vs. Ohio State
- Oct. 28: Ohio State vs. Wisconsin
- Nov. 4: Ohio State vs. Rutgers
- Nov. 11: Michigan State vs. Ohio State at 7:30 p.m.
- Nov. 18: Minnesota vs. Ohio State
- Nov. 25: Ohio State vs. Michigan 12:00 p.m.