Arctic high pressure will settle in, with a drier northeasterly flow and less windy conditions. Afternoon temperatures will remain very cold, in the low 20s, as the sun returns. Tonight will be frigid, with readings falling into the single digit in many areas, under a fair sky.
A cold front will arrive late on Saturday, with increasing clouds and a moderating southwest wind, but lacking moisture the weather will be dry. Afternoon readings will approach 30 degrees.
A clipper system will bring a period of snow midday on Sunday, with an inch or two likely, making roads slick. Temperatures will be held to the 20s again.
A weak system will zip past Ohio Monday, with snow showers across the north early, along with clouds and breezy conditions. Temperatures will briefly moderate well into the 30s.
Another disturbance will favor a wintry mix late Monday night ending as some snow Tuesday, followed by a reinforcing blast of cold air.
- Friday: More sunshine. High 22
- Tonight: Mostly clear, very cold. Low 10
- Saturday: Mix clouds and sun. High 29
- Sunday: Snow midday (1-2″). High 28 (22)
- Monday: Mostly cloudy, flurries north. High 37 (18)
- Tuesday: Light snow. High 31 (28)
- Wednesday: Partly cloudy, colder. High 24 (13)
- Thursday: Mostly sunny. High 29 (9)
- Friday: Mostly cloudy. High 34 (20)