After a couple of beautiful days, the heat is back this weekend, along with more humidity, leading to light showers tonight.
High pressure sliding east of the region caused winds to shift around to the south, pushing temperatures into the upper 80s.
Light showers developed this evening with an increase in moisture. Skies will be mostly cloudy, holding readings in the 70s later,
Sunday will be mostly cloudy and on the muggy side, with afternoon temperatures in the mid-80s. A cold front will interact with increasing humidity triggering scattered showers and storms, beginning in the afternoon and tapering off before sunset.
Behind the cold front, the weather will cool down to more seasonal levels or even below normal early in the week, before heat and humidity return before the holiday weekend. Showers and storms are possible Friday night through Sunday on and off.
- Tonight: Showers around, sticky. Low 72
- Sunday: Mostly cloudy, humid, showers, storms p.m. High 86
- Monday: Mostly sunny, cooler. High 77 (61)
- Tuesday: Sunny, pleasant. High 80 (54)
- Wednesday: Sunny, warm. High 87 (58)
- Thursday: Sunny, hot. High 91 (63)
- Red, White & Boom!: Warm, sticky, pop-up storms p.m. High 90 (71)