(NBC News) — Tonight, on a two-hour “Dateline,” Florida firefighter Derrick Dorsey returns home after a long shift to find his wife, Kim, unresponsive in their bedroom. “Dateline” correspondent Andrea Canning examines the puzzling scene investigators found and what could have happened.
This “Dateline” episode entitled “In Cold Blood” features interviews with Derrick Dorsey, Detective T.K. Waters and more.
Here’s a preview of Canning’s report:
Assistant Chief T.K.Waters was responding to a call about a possible suicide.
T.K. WATERS: It was chaos. And you could tell that something really horrible had happened here. You walk in initially, and you see our victim lying at the foot of the bed. You can see, even as dark as it was in the room, the lighting wasn’t very, very good. It was just a – it was just a scene that – that read that something horrible had happened here.
Not far from where Kim lay they found a knife. They saw patches of blood soaked into the carpet and specks of red on one wall. And on another, something that jumped right out at them.
T.K. WATERS: There had been some gunshots in a wall. And you could see the bullet holes in the wall.
Officers later found those bullets and the gun that fired them. A pink-handled revolver had been tossed on the bedroom floor. There was something else they noticed.
LARRY KUCZKOWSKI: There was a pool cue – a broken pool cue – in the bedroom. And it was the – what I call the fat end of the pool cue.
Even as their eyes strained against the dark, they could make out the bruises all over Kim. It was clear: she had not killed herself.
Watch tonight’s “Dateline” mystery tonight at 9 p.m. on NBC4.
- Tonight on ‘Dateline: Before Midnight’ a woman’s mysterious shooting death leaves a family divided
- ‘Dateline: Mystery in Big Sky Country’ investigates the death of a young veterinarian
- ‘Dateline: Finding Sarah Goode’ examines the case of a Long Island woman who vanished without a trace
- On new ‘Dateline: What Happened to the Children?’ brother of missing Idaho children talks to Keith Morrison
- On NBC4 ‘Dateline: The House’ digs deeper into the mysterious death of a former FBI agent
- ‘Dateline: The Ranch’ tonight on NBC4
- Tonight on NBC4 ‘Dateline: The Perfect Guy’
- Tonight on NBC4 ‘Dateline: The House on the Hill’
- Tonight on NBC4 ‘Dateline: The woman who couldn’t scream’
- Tonight on ‘Dateline’— ‘Where are the Children?’ the story you haven’t seen yet
- ‘Dateline: Devil’s Bargain’ tonight on NBC4
- Tonight on ‘Dateline’— a childhood memory reignites a murder investigation
- Monday night on NBC4 Dateline NBC presents: ‘Unchecked Evil’ about the kidnapping and murder of Reagan Tokes
Dateline is NBC’s signature newsmagazine, bringing viewers storytelling at its best. The stories range from compelling mysteries to powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations. When major news breaks, they go to the scene, putting the pieces together to bring the viewer the full picture. And in every story they tell, they help the real people who lived the events share their journeys with the viewer.