LOS ANGELES, Calif. (WCMH) — Tiger Woods was extricated from a vehicle Tuesday morning after a crash near Los Angeles.

According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff, it happened around 7:12 a.m. on the border of Rolling Hills Estates and Rancho Palos Verdes. The sheriff’s office said Tiger Woods was extricated from a vehicle and taken to an area hospital to be treated for his injuries.

A hand tool was used to remove the front windshield and get Woods out of the SUV, said Los Angeles County Fire Department Inspector Sean Ferguson, correcting the sheriff’s earlier report that first responders had used the “jaws of life” to extricate the golfing legend.

“Tiger Woods was in a single-car accident this morning in California where he suffered multiple leg injuries,” his manager, Mark Steinberg, said. “He is currently in surgery and we thank you for your privacy and support.”

An aerial look over the scene from KTLA shows a vehicle on its side with heavy damage to the front end. Airbags appear to have deployed. The wreckage is located just off the side of a road on a hillside.

No charges were filed, police said there was no evidence he was impaired and no one else was injured.

Woods was in Los Angeles over the weekend as the tournament host of the Genesis Invitational at Riviera, where he presented the trophy. He was to spend Monday and Tuesday filming with Discovery-owned GOLFTV, with whom he has an endorsement contract. One tweet on Monday showed him in a cart smiling with David Spade.

According to Golf Digest, also owned by Discovery, the TV shoot was on-course lessons to celebrities, such as David Spade and Dwyane Wade. He did not play.

Instagram photos and videos posted Monday show Woods with David Spade and Dwayne Wade.

This is the third time Woods has been involved in a car investigation. The most notorious was the early morning after Thanksgiving in 2009, when his SUV ran over a fire hydrant and hit a tree. That was the start of shocking revelations that he had been cheating on his wife with multiple women. Woods lost major corporate sponsorship, went to a rehabilitation clinic in Mississippi and did not return to golf for five months.

In May 2017, Florida police found him asleep behind the wheel of a car parked awkwardly on the side of the road. He was arrested on a DUI charge and said later he had an unexpected reaction to prescription medicine his back pain. Woods later pleaded guilty to reckless driving and checked into a clinic to get help with prescription medication and a sleep disorder.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.