This marks the first time the NFL has had to cancel an event on its calendar because of the pandemic.
The HOF game was scheduled to be played Canton, Ohio, on Aug. 6.
The annual HOF enshrinement ceremony has been postponed.
The HOF kicks off the NFL season as being the first preseason game of the year.
- No. 4 Ohio State upset by Michigan State 71-67
- Blue Jackets suffer first shutout loss of the season, fall 2-0 to Blackhawks
- Twitter announces ‘Super Follows,’ and not everyone is happy about it
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- Big Time Sports: Big Ten teams battle for position as Selection Sunday nears