This marks the first time the NFL has had to cancel an event on its calendar because of the pandemic.
The HOF game was scheduled to be played Canton, Ohio, on Aug. 6.
The annual HOF enshrinement ceremony has been postponed.
The HOF kicks off the NFL season as being the first preseason game of the year.
- Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence tests positive for coronavirus
- Firefighter injured during 3-alarm fire in Newark
- FirstEnergy Corp. fires CEO, two other executives after House Bill 6 bribery scheme
- Fauci: Life as we knew it won’t return until ‘many, many months’ into 2021
- Columbus Police searching for missing 12-year-old girl