Mom finds metal in her child’s gummy vitamins

U.S. & World

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA/CNN) – A Kansas mother says metal made its way into her daughter’s intestines after the toddler was given a multivitamin for children, Fox 4 Kansas City reports. 

Samantha Anderson said her family has been using Zarbee’s Naturals Vitamins for years.  But one day, she was separating the gummies and said she noticed something that looked like metal shavings.

“My husband said take a magnet and see if it sticks and sure enough, the magnet picked them right up,” Andersen said.

She said her daughter, 3, had been taking the vitamins for two months. 

“I fed these to her. I feel like I have failed. I feel terrible that this metal is in her stomach,” she said.

An X-ray showed there was some metal in her intestines, but not a large amount. 

“The FDA is aware and currently investigating the complaint,” said a spokesperson.

Anderson said she contacted Zarbee’s, which offered her coupons.

“Food is mass produced these days and metal machines will break apart and I guess pieces will fall into the production line, but there’s supposed to be people or tools to catch those things,” Andersen said.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Interactive Radar

STORY TOOLS

Today's Central OH Forecast

More Forecast

Don't Miss

Alexa

Storm Team 4 on Alexa

W3Schools