Man finds fingernail inside his Culver’s burger

U.S. & World
FINGERNAIL BURGER_1527350271930.jpg.jpg

PHOENIX, AZ (WCMH/CNN) — Fake fingernails and food prep don’t go well together. 

One guy says this combo was responsible for a nasty butter burger blunder.

Several juicy bites into a Culver’s butter burger, and then… 

“It was inside my mouth.”

A fingernail.

“It was crunchy man.. I threw up three times.”

Najib Anek laughs, but he was mad — and sickened.

“I keep thinking about it. I even dream about it. It was too much.”

Najib complained to management, who he says apologized for the incident. 

Najib says they watched the surveillance video and sure enough, there was the female employee, making his burger with no gloves — and a missing fingernail.

“The manager… his job is to check the employees, make sure they have gloves.”

Local news station KNXV checked the Maricopa County Food Inspection records for the Culver’s on Thunderbird near the 101 in Peoria. 

All A’s going back to 2015.

That could change.

“Yes, I called the health department… and I have a complaint number.

The manager says their insurance is looking into the situation and the fingernail-offending employee is on leave.

Apparently, they also invited Najib to give them another shot, on the house. 

“It wasn’t a good experience for me. And I will never eat here no more.”

For Najib, all guesses are this was the nail in the Culver’s coffin.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Interactive Radar

STORY TOOLS

Trending on NBC4i.com

Today's Central OH Forecast

More Forecast

Don't Miss

Alexa

Storm Team 4 on Alexa

W3Schools