Man dies after firework explodes in his hands, hits him in the chest

U.S. & World

CHERAW, SC (WBTW) — A man died after a firework exploded in his hands and hit him in the chestj.

A press release from Cheraw Police Chief Keith Thomas says officers were called to the Dizzy Gillespie apartment complex around 9:50pm Wednesday night for a call that a man had been hit in the upper torso with fireworks.

Officers on scene found a woman performing CPR on the victim. EMS immediately took over and transported the man to McLeod Health Cheraw.

Chief Thomas says the victim, identified as 24-year-old M.C. Gallion III, was holding a cylinder tube in his hands in an attempt to discharge an aerial type firework. The fireworks exploded, hitting Gallion in the chest.

Gallion died at the hospital.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending on

Today's Central OH Forecast

More Forecast

Don't Miss