(CNN/WCMH) — It’s September, and if you’re under the age of 12, that means it’s time to start working on your Christmas list.
Walmart has insight on what will top lists this year. Thursday the retail giant released 2020’s hottest holiday toys.
The Paw Patrol Dino Patroller, the Jetson Plasma Hoverboard, and a bop-it game with a Baby Yoda theme are all expected to be popular items. The top toys are tested and selected by kids.
Walmart merchandising experts tell “USA Today” that this year’s picks show kids are choosing different toys due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Steve Ronchetto, the store’s vice president of Toys, was quoted in Walmart’s release about the impact social distancing and the internet are having on playthings.
“Toys play a critical role in families’ lives as they spend more time at home and parents seek ways to keep kids engaged with learning-based play,” Ronchetto said. “More than any year before, we’re seeing strong interest across toys that stem from digital platforms, like kid influencer-created toys, interactive and educational toys, screen-free indoor entertainment and toys for active outdoor play.”
Here is the list:
From the TV to the Toy Room
Kids are spending more time than ever streaming their favorite shows, and these toys bring popular characters to life.
- Frozen 2 – Magic in Motion Elsa Doll ($59.00)
- Blue’s Clues & You Peek-A-Boo ($24.84)
- Paw Patrol Dino Patroller ($59.00)
- The Child Bop It ($14.88) – Walmart Exclusive
- LEGO Death Star Final Duel ($89.00) – Walmart Exclusive
- Star Wars Dark Saber ($29.84)
These toys – both digital and role play – encourage creativity and content creation for young minds.
- Sensory FX ASMR Mega Bar ($19.88) – Walmart Exclusive
- VTech KidiZoom Creator Cam ($59.00)
- Instax Mini 7S Seafoam Green ($59.00) – Walmart Exclusive
- onn. 8” Tablet Pro ($99.00) – Walmart Exclusive
More time at home means more time with interactive toys that inspire imagination for hours of fun, learning-based play.
- Disney Princess Vanity ($49.88)
- Gotta Go Flamingo ($28.82)
- FurReal Mama Josie Kangaroo Pet ($67.00)
- Squeakee ($58.00)
- My Life As Hello Kitty Dolls ($35.00) – Walmart Exclusive
- Barbie Farm Barn Playset ($74.00) – Walmart Exclusive
- L.O.L. Surprise OMG REMIX Dolls ($34.88, available mid-September)
An element of surprise in each of these toys bring kids excitement from the moment they unbox.
- The Animal ($34.88, available October 1)
- Treasure X – Sharks Treasure ($19.87)
- Hatchimals Crystal Flyers ($29.77)
- Na! Na! Na! Ultimate Surprise ($69.00)
- L.O.L. Surprise Clubhouse Playset ($49.88)
- Ryan’s World Vending Machine ($39.82) – Walmart Exclusive
Energy-Burning Outdoor Toys
These days, getting outside and being active is important, and these highly engaging toys provide limitless outdoor play.
- Jetson Mars Light Up Kick Scooter ($34.94) – Walmart Exclusive
- Semi-Truck and Trailer Ride On ($249.00) – Walmart Exclusive
- Jetson Plasma Light Up Hoverboard ($148.00) – Walmart Exclusive
- Razor Black Label E100 Electric Scooter ($128.00) – Walmart Exclusive
- Nerf Fortnite DG ($29.97) – Walmart Exclusive
Screen-Free Indoor Entertainment
Keep kids busy and engaged for hours without a screen with these interactive toys.
- Tic Tac Tony ($9.97) – Walmart Exclusive
- Kinetic Sand Sandwhirlz ($19.82)
- Spark Puppy Piano ($19.82) – Walmart Exclusive
- Little People Launch & Loop Raceway ($49.44)
- VTech Helping Heroes Fire Station ($39.82)
- Hot Wheels Sky Crash Tower ($44.68)
- Beyblade Burst Rise Hypersphere Set ($49.67)
- Megalodon Storm RC ($43.88)