NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Pasco Sheriff’s Office arrested a 44-year-old Lyft driver after he inappropriately touched a female rider, deputies said.
The sheriff’s office said Juan Carlos Nunez-Sarmiento picked up a woman in New Port Richey June 4 and inappropriately touched her during the ride, after being asked several times to stop.
The victim told detectives Nunez-Sarmiento eventually pulled over and continued to touch her on various parts of her body, prompting her to flee the vehicle.
When Nunez-Sarmiento was asked why he did what he did, he reportedly told detectives, “I am just a man.”
Nunez-Sarmiento was arrested Friday, August 16 and charged with battery.
- Lawyer champions migrant rights in a divided America
- Columbus women were inside Chicago mall when car drove through it
- “Game of Thrones” finishes run with Best Drama Emmy; newcomer “Fleabag” nabs Best Comedy
- Toledo grandmother charged in grandchild’s death
- “Jungle” Jack honored for 41 years as Columbus Zoo chief