(NBC) — Using fake identities and traveling throughout the country, fugitive Derek Alldred stole millions of dollars by conning numerous women and businesses over 25 years. Friday on “Dateline,” Andrea Canning reports on how one of Alldred’s former “girlfriends” brought together a group of his victims to make him face justice.
It all came down to one moment. Finally, fugitive Derek Alldred was in law enforcement’s sights.
“We had officers and agents in vehicles, exit points, entry points to make sure he doesn’t escape,” explained NCIS Special Agent Mike Elkheir. “He was going from state to state. And he wasn’t being held accountable.”
Alldred was good, really good at getting women to believe he was someone else, then stealing their money. He just didn’t count on Cindi Pardini — and her personal mission to bring him to justice.
“You have no idea. I’m not gonna stop,” said Pardini.
In his first interview, convicted con man Derek Alldred speaks out only on “Dateline.”
“Dateline” airs Tonight on NBC4 at 9 p.m., right after “Lincoln Rhyne: Hunt for the Bone Collector” for another “Crimetime Friday” you won’t want to miss.
- Tonight on NBC4 ‘Dateline: The House on the Hill’
- Tonight on NBC4 ‘Dateline: The woman who couldn’t scream’
- Tonight on ‘Dateline’— ‘Where are the Children?’ the story you haven’t seen yet
- ‘Dateline: Devil’s Bargain’ tonight on NBC4
- Tonight on ‘Dateline’— a childhood memory reignites a murder investigation
- Monday night on NBC4 Dateline NBC presents: ‘Unchecked Evil’ about the kidnapping and murder of Reagan Tokes
“Dateline” is the longest-running series in NBC primetime history and is in its 28th season. “Dateline” is anchored by Lester Holt and features correspondents Andrea Canning, Josh Mankiewicz, Keith Morrison, and Dennis Murphy. Airing Fridays at 9 p.m. ET, “Dateline” is the #1 Friday newsmagazine and reaches more than 16 million people every week through its broadcast, and millions more through its social media platforms and podcasts. Additionally, “Dateline” closed out 2019 as the #1 Friday newsmagazine across the board.