ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — Police said they arrested a man Saturday for handing out marijuana “because it was Christmas.”
The Pinellas County arrest report says Richard Ellis Spurrier, 67, was confronted by police Saturday around 11 p.m. at 16 2nd St. N. in St. Pete.
Officers said Spurrier had 45 grams of marijuana on him and was handing it out to people as they passed by.
In an interview with police, Spurrier reportedly told them he was handing out the weed “because it was Christmas.”
Spurrier was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
- Columbus Bar fight leads to gunfire
- ‘We believe you:’ Ohio University fires professor due to alleged sexual misconduct
- Watching for more showers & storms this weekend in Columbus
- Sheriff: Camper missing since Tuesday dies, wife rescued in Death Valley National Park
- Chemical Safety Board updates investigation of paint factory explosion