Dog suffocates after head gets stuck in tortilla chip bag

U.S. & World

HOUSTON, TX (KRON) – A Texas family is mourning the loss of their dog after finding him unresponsive with his nose in a tortilla chip bag.

Chrissy Young and Christian Villarreal got Petey, a pitbull mix, three years ago.

“We had the bag of chips that was fairly made of cellophane, and it had been on the countertop,” Young told KTRK. “We had been snacking on them. We had come and gone throughout the weekend and he never messed with them.”

The two rushed Petey to Four Seasons Vet Hospital in Spring, but it was too late.

One week ago I kissed my baby boy goodbye on my way out for work. But I had no idea it would be for the last time….

Posted by Christina Young on Monday, February 26, 2018

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Interactive Radar

STORY TOOLS

Trending on NBC4i.com

Today's Central OH Forecast

More Forecast

Don't Miss

Alexa

Storm Team 4 on Alexa

W3Schools