(NBC) — The Valseca siblings’ lives changed when their father was taken hostage in an orchestrated abduction. In their first TV interview, they open up about how their mother faced a band of international criminals to bring their father home.
This is an excerpt from Keith Morrison’s chilling report:
The green and white taxi barreled down the highway.
Something was wrong. Why had that man paid ten times the fare for a simple package delivery?
The cabbie pried open the envelope — was that someone’s finger?
And why was that man now tailing him?
Cold fear rising, he pulled into a gas station.
He begged the police, “Come quick.”
But the cabbie had no idea — any more than this family did — that their own terrifying story more than a decade in the making was about to come to an astonishing climax.
Watch “Dateline” tonight on NBC4 at 10 p.m., right after “The Blacklist” for another “Crimetime Friday” you won’t want to miss.
- Tonight on NBC4 ‘Dateline: The Perfect Guy’
- Tonight on NBC4 ‘Dateline: The House on the Hill’
- Tonight on NBC4 ‘Dateline: The woman who couldn’t scream’
- Tonight on ‘Dateline’— ‘Where are the Children?’ the story you haven’t seen yet
- ‘Dateline: Devil’s Bargain’ tonight on NBC4
- Tonight on ‘Dateline’— a childhood memory reignites a murder investigation
- Monday night on NBC4 Dateline NBC presents: ‘Unchecked Evil’ about the kidnapping and murder of Reagan Tokes
“Dateline” is the longest-running series in NBC primetime history and is in its 28th season. “Dateline” is anchored by Lester Holt and features correspondents Andrea Canning, Josh Mankiewicz, Keith Morrison, and Dennis Murphy. Airing Fridays at 9 p.m. ET, “Dateline” is the #1 Friday newsmagazine and reaches more than 16 million people every week through its broadcast, and millions more through its social media platforms and podcasts. Additionally, “Dateline” closed out 2019 as the #1 Friday newsmagazine across the board.