WASHINGTON (WISH) — CNN is suing President Donald Trump and his top aides after suspending reporter Jim Acosta’s press pass.
The administration revoked them last week following President Trump’s contentious news conference, where Acosta refused to give up a microphone when the president said he didn’t want to hear anything more from him.
The lawsuit was filed Tuesday in Washington, D.C., District Court. CNN claims the revocation of Acosta’s press pass violates the constitutional rights to freedom on the press and due process. CNN is asking for an immediate restraining order to return Acosta to the White House.
CNN says the suit is being filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday morning.
Listed as defendants in the lawsuit are:
- President Donald Trump
- Chief of Staff John Kelly
- Press Secretary Sarah Sanders
- Deputy Chief of Staff for Communications Bill Shine
- Secret Service Director Joseph Clancy
- The Secret Service officer that took Acosta’s hard pass, listed as John Doe pending his identification
There was no immediate comment from the administration.