Child scalded after garden hose left in direct sunlight

U.S. & World

A child in Las Vegas was scalded after being sprayed by a garden hose that had been left in direct sunlight.

“Here in Las Vegas, a garden hose exposed to direct sunlight during summer can heat the water inside the hose (not flowing) to 130-140 degrees,” Las Vegas Fire & Rescue said on Twitter.

The Las Vegas agency recommended letting the water flow a few minutes to cool before spraying on people on animals.

With the summer months quickly upon us, it’s good advice to remember here in Florida.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Interactive Radar


click here for more information on the gridiron classic airing on NBC4 Saturday night at 8 pm

Today's Central OH Forecast

More Forecast

Don't Miss


Storm Team 4 on Alexa