It’s time to celebrate with your cute, cuddly and generally awesome canine friends!
That’s right — today is National Dog Day. Pet lifestyle expert and author Colleen Paige started National Dog Day in 2004 to encourage dog ownership for all breeds. To help with this effort, the National Dog Day Foundation sets a goal of rescuing at least 10,000 dogs who are in need of good, loving fur-ever homes.
If you don’t have a dog to celebrate with today, you might consider checking out one of the many animal rescues right here in central Ohio. Check out the list below to find the dog, volunteer opportunity or foster arrangement that is perfect for you:
- CHA Animal Shelter
- Columbus Dog Connection
- Fairfield County Dog Adoption Center and Shelter
- Fayette Humane Society
- Franklin County Dog Shelter & Adoption Center
- Hardin County Dog Shelter
- Humane Society of Delaware County
- Pets Without Parents
- Union County Humane Society