(NBC News) — Tonight on “Dateline,” when actress Aasha Davis and her sister Lesley move to Hollywood, things appear to be going well. But just as Aasha’s star is rising, Lesley suddenly vanishes.
“Dateline: A Sister’s Search,” includes interviews Aasha Davis, Lesley and Aasha’s mother Vivian Telford and more.
Here is a preview of Josh Mankiewicz’s report:
Hollywood’s a real place but it’s also a myth, but the fantasy of what might be has always drawn the hopeful from every town with a bus station.
For quite different reasons it drew these two sisters, Lesley and Aasha.
Maybe you recognize Aasha Davis. She’s one of those lucky few, for whom that Hollywood fantasy came true. Her star rose quickly within a few years of her move west.
But in 2009 A real-life drama began that tested her strength in a way the climb up the Hollywood ladder never had.
Aasha was used to facing the cameras, but this wasn’t on a set or for a publicity tour. The scene was a news conference where Aasha begged for help from anyone who would listen.
Watch “Dateline: A Sister’s Search” tonight on NBC4 at 10 p.m.
- Tonight on ‘Dateline: Before Midnight’ a woman’s mysterious shooting death leaves a family divided
- ‘Dateline: Mystery in Big Sky Country’ investigates the death of a young veterinarian
- ‘Dateline: Finding Sarah Goode’ examines the case of a Long Island woman who vanished without a trace
- On new ‘Dateline: What Happened to the Children?’ brother of missing Idaho children talks to Keith Morrison
- On NBC4 ‘Dateline: The House’ digs deeper into the mysterious death of a former FBI agent
- ‘Dateline: The Ranch’ tonight on NBC4
- Tonight on NBC4 ‘Dateline: The Perfect Guy’
- Tonight on NBC4 ‘Dateline: The House on the Hill’
- Tonight on NBC4 ‘Dateline: The woman who couldn’t scream’
- Tonight on ‘Dateline’— ‘Where are the Children?’ the story you haven’t seen yet
- ‘Dateline: Devil’s Bargain’ tonight on NBC4
- Tonight on ‘Dateline’— a childhood memory reignites a murder investigation
- Monday night on NBC4 Dateline NBC presents: ‘Unchecked Evil’ about the kidnapping and murder of Reagan Tokes
Dateline is NBC’s signature newsmagazine, bringing viewers storytelling at its best. The stories range from compelling mysteries to powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations. When major news breaks, they go to the scene, putting the pieces together to bring the viewer the full picture. And in every story they tell, they help the real people who lived the events share their journeys with the viewer.