NBC4 Shares the JackpotOFFICIAL RULES
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The NBC4 Shares the Jackpot (the “Promotion“) is sponsored by Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WCMH-TV and nbc4i.com (“NBC4“). Promotion is only offered in the NBC4 viewing area within the following Ohio counties: Athens, Coshocton, Crawford, Delaware, Fairfield, Fayette, Franklin, Guernsey, Hardin, Hocking, Knox, Licking, Logan, Madison, Marion, Morrow, Perry, Pickaway, Pike, Ross and Union (the “Promotion Area“). Void outside the Promotion Area and where prohibited.
- Promotion is governed by these Official Rules and the Ohio Lottery Powerball Rules and Regulations, which are available at https://www.ohiolottery.com/Claiming/RulesAndRegulations/Powerball and incorporated herein by reference and is subject to all federal, state and local laws. NBC4 shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed – including but not limited to rules regarding entries, deadlines, Qualifier and Contingent Prize winner selection, Ticket Share and Contingent Prize restrictions, and eligibility – and all of its decisions are final. By entering, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Promotion-related advertising or materials.
- Promotion begins on July 28, 2016. Entry deadline is July 30, 2016 at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET“). Drawing to determine potential Qualifiers will be held July 30, 2016 no later than 10:58 p.m. ET. Determination of Contingent Prize winners, if any, will take place following the Ohio Lottery Powerball Drawing scheduled for July 30, 2016. NBC4’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing information to NBC4 and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Promotion and as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules. Any questions that you have about this Promotion must be directed to NBC4 and not to Facebook.
- Each Contingent Prize winner, if any, will be issued an IRS 1099 MISC tax form (or its equivalent) for the ARV of the Contingent Prize awarded if required and is solely and exclusively responsible for any and all state, federal or local income taxes that may result from his or her acceptance of any Contingent Prize.
- To be eligible, each entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old and a legal United States resident living in the Promotion Area (above) and must have a valid Facebook account as of July 28, 2016.
- Employees, officers and directors of NBC4, Media General, Inc. (“Media General“), The Ohio Lottery Commission (the “Ohio Lottery“), the Multi-State Lottery Association (“MUSL“), directors, contractors or consultants under MUSL agreement to review MUSL audit or security procedures, independent accounting firms under contract with and assigned to MUSL to observe drawings or site operations, the partners, shareholders, and owners in such firms’ local offices, and any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings and children, and the “steps” and “in-laws” of each) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term “household” includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
- NBC4 has purchased a number of Ohio Lottery Powerball tickets for the July 30, 2016 drawing by the Ohio Lottery (the “NBC4 Powerball Tickets“). If any of the NBC4 Powerball Tickets is determined by the Ohio Lottery to be a winning ticket of an Eligible Jackpot in accordance with the rules and regulations governing the Ohio Lottery, as set forth at https://www.ohiolottery.com/Claiming/RulesAndRegulations/Powerball, Contingent Prizes (defined below) will be awarded to the Qualifiers (as defined below). If no NBC4 Powerball Ticket is determined to be a winning ticket of an Eligible Jackpot, no prizes will be awarded. This Promotion may conclude without any prizes being awarded.
Prizes & ODDS
- Ticket Shares (50): The contingent right to receive a Contingent Prize (as defined below) in the event that an NBC4 Powerball Ticket (as defined below) is selected by the Ohio Lottery during the July 30, 2016 Powerball Drawing as a winning ticket in a Jackpot valued at $10,000 or more (an “Eligible Jackpot“). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV“): $0. Ticket Shares have no cash value.
- Contingent Prizes (50): An amount equal to one-fiftieth (1/50) of the lump sum value of an Eligible Jackpot (or of NBC4’s share of an Eligible Jackpot in the event there are multiple winning Powerball Tickets for the Eligible Jackpot), after any applicable fees or withholdings by the Ohio Lottery and after deduction by NBC4 of fifteen percent (15%) for legal and/or administrative costs. ARV: Depends on the value of the Eligible Jackpot, if any.
- The odds of being selected as a Qualifier depend on the number of entries received. Limit one (1) Qualifier per household. The odds of a Qualifier winning a Contingent Prize are calculated by the Ohio Lottery. See https://www.ohiolottery.com/games/drawgames/powerball.aspx.
TICKET SHARE/CONTINGENT PRIZE RESTRICTIONS
- Ticket Shares have no cash value and are subject to the sole discretion of NBC4. Contingent Prizes are not guaranteed and will not be awarded unless an NBC4 Powerball Ticket is declared a winning ticket of an Eligible Jackpot. No prizes of any value may be awarded in this Promotion. Actual value of a Contingent Prize, if any, will depend on the Eligible Jackpot. If actual value of any Contingent Prize awarded is less than the ARV stated above, Contingent Prize winner will not be entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for difference in value.
- All Contingent Prize details shall be at NBC4’s sole discretion. Each Contingent Prize winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the Contingent Prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, and fees. Any person who wins prizes through any NBC4-sponsored promotions with cumulative value equal to or greater than $600 in a calendar year will receive an IRS 1099 Form.
- The right to receive any Contingent Prize is not transferrable. Any Contingent Prize or portion thereof not accepted by any Contingent Prize winner is forfeited and no substitute will be offered or permitted.
- You must have a valid Facebook account as of July 28, 2016 to be eligible. Entries will be accepted beginning July 28, 2016 at 6:00 a.m. ET and ending July 30, 2016 at 10:00 p.m. ET. To enter, visit http://www.facebook.com/NBC4Columbus (the “Promotion Page“) and follow the instructions to complete an official entry form with all required information, which may include your name, e-mail address, phone number, and age or date of birth. Entries will not be accepted via any other method.
- All entries must be received by NBC4 no later than July 30, 2016 at 10:00 p.m. ET. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by NBC4 will not accept screen shots as proof of entry.
- Limit one (1) entry per person. Additional entries received from any such person thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, Facebook accounts or logins) are prohibited and suspected or detected entry method violations may void some or all entries submitted by that entrant, in NBC4’s sole discretion. No group submissions will be accepted.
- Entries must be associated with a valid Facebook account and e-mail address for the entrant. NBC4 is not responsible for voice or electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of call blocking of any kind or inability to leave a voice message or passive or as to e-mail, active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Contingent Prize winner based on a Facebook account, the entry will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Facebook account used for entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the Facebook account by Facebook.
- Entrants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by NBC4. NBC4 is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. NBC4 reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of NBC4 and will not be returned or acknowledged.
QUALIFIER SELECTION & CONTINGENT PRIZE DETERMINATION
- On July 30, 2016, no later than 10:58 p.m. ET, NBC4 or its designee will randomly choose fifty (50) names from all timely entries The persons whose names are so drawn will be deemed Qualifiers. The Qualifiers will not be notified or entitled to any prize unless and until an NBC4 Powerball Ticket is selected as a winning ticket in an Eligible Jackpot.
- NBC4 reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of Qualifiers in the event that it does not receive enough timely and properly submitted entries. In the event that fewer than fifty (50) Qualifiers are so selected and an NBC4 Powerball Ticket is selected as a winning ticket in an Eligible Jackpot, the pro rata share of each Contingent Prize winner will be adjusted accordingly.
- On July 30, 2016, if an NBC4 Powerball Ticket is selected as a winning ticket in an Eligible Jackpot, subject to verification of eligibility, the Qualifiers will be declared Contingent Prize winners. All decisions relating to the selection of winning Powerball tickets, distribution of Powerball prize funds between Powerball winners, if any, are governed by and described in the Ohio Powerball Rules and Regulations, which are available at https://www.ohiolottery.com/Claiming/RulesAndRegulations/Powerball.
- NBC4 will contact each potential Contingent Prize winner in accordance with the information supplied to NBC4 on his or her entry form. Each Contingent Prize winner must respond to initial notification within forty-eight (48) hours and may be required to present valid photo identification and/or to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents to NBC4 in person at its studios (3165 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, Ohio) during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. ET to 5:00 p.m. ET) on a non-holiday week day, no later than ten (10) days after initial notification and as a condition of receiving Contingent Prize. Verified Contingent Prize winners, if any, will be provided instructions on claiming their Contingent Prizes.
- In the event that any potential Contingent Prize winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, NBC4 within forty-eight (48) hours of initial attempted notification, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the Contingent Prize, or (d) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, NBC4 in its discretion may disqualify that individual and an alternate Contingent Prize winner will be chosen by random drawing as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Any alternate Contingent Prize winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. NBC4 will conduct up to three (3) alternate Contingent Prize winner drawings for any Contingent Prize. If NBC4 cannot verify a Contingent Prize winner for a particular Contingent Prize after three (3) alternate Contingent Prize winner drawings, no further drawings will be held for that Contingent Prize and:
- If none of the Contingent Prizes have been distributed, the pro rata share of the remaining verified Contingent Prize winners will be increased accordingly; or
- If any of the Contingent Prizes have been distributed, that Contingent Prize will not be awarded.
- NBC4 may, in its sole discretion, post the verified Contingent Prize winners’ names on the Promotion Page and/or any of NBC4’s websites, including http://www.nbc4i.com, and on or in any of NBC4’s social media pages or channels, and broadcast them on any of NBC4’s stations.
- By accepting a Contingent Prize, each Contingent Prize winner agrees to award NBC4 the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on NBC4’s websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- By entering the Promotion, you agree that NBC4, Media General, Inc., Ohio Lottery, Facebook, any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties“): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not properly submitted or received by NBC4 by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Promotion, or in the announcement of the Qualifiers or Contingent Prize winners or Ticket Shares or Contingent Prizes; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select Qualifiers or Contingent Prize winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the acceptance of entries, the selection of Qualifiers or Contingent Prize winners, the Contingent Prizes or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials; and (h) are not responsible for liable for any decisions made by the Ohio Lottery with respect to any Powerball game.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO any Contingent Prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Promotion OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF any Contingent Prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Promotion OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE Promotion.
- By entering the Promotion, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation, inability to participate, in the Promotion or any Promotion-related or Contingent Prize-related activity, (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Promotion, (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of any Contingent Prize, and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party.
- BY entering THE Promotion, you FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Promotion, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE Promotion, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND you HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- NBC4 reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, or any part thereof, in the event that NBC4 determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond NBC4’s control. In such an event, NBC4 will post notice of same at the Promotion Page and select the Qualifiers or Contingent Prize winners by conducting a random drawing from among all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion or in such other manner as NBC4, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
- NBC4 reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if NBC4 concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other any operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards NBC4 or any other entrant or other participant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein, including through the use of any prohibited device or method. Any failure by NBC4 to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Promotion MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND NBC4 RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion, including any reference to the status of any person as a “Qualifier” or “Contingent Prize winner,” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If NBC4 determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, NBC4 reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Promotion and any Contingent Prize at any time. NBC4 reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential Contingent Prize winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if NBC4 determines in its sole discretion that awarding a Contingent Prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on NBC4. Each entrant agrees to cooperate with NBC4 and its representatives in connection with any and all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
- NBC4 reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of Contingent Prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Contingent Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, NBC4 reserves the right to award only the stated number of Contingent Prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible Contingent Prize claims.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by Ohio law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ohio. By entering the Promotion, you expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Franklin County, Ohio, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Facebook is not a sponsor of this Promotion. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the
CONTINGENT Winners’ List/OFFICIAL RULES
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Contingent Winners’ List, if any, visit the Promotion Page or http://www.nbc4i.com or mail a SASE to: NBC4 Shares the Jackpot c/o NBC4, 3165 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH 43202, specifying either “Winners’ List” or “Official Rules.” Winners’ List will be available after July 30, 2016.