WESTERVILLE, OH (WCMH) — Family and friends of a Westerville teen gathered to celebrate her life and say goodbye on Saturday.
Lauren Seitz died earlier this week during a trip with her church group to North Carolina.
She contracted a brain-eating amoeba while attending a whitewater park in Charlotte. Federal health officials confirmed that water samples at the park contained the amoeba believed to have caused a teenager’s death. The center decided to suspend whitewater activities after preliminary tests by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention showed the presence of that amoeba.
Seitz was 18 years old. She planned to attend Denison University this fall.
Her family is asking for donations to The Lauren Elisabeth Seitz – Youth in Mission Music Tour Scholarship Fund, instead of flowers, to honor her love of music.What others are clicking on: