A federal grand jury recently charged 19 Columbus men allegedly associated with a local Crips gang in a racketeering conspiracy that includes five murders, multiple attempted murders and other violent and drug trafficking crimes.
The indictment was returned in Columbus Sept. 27 and the men are in custody today, Monday, Oct. 2, according to the Department of Justice.
The men are allegedly associates of the Trevitt and Atcheson Crips gang known as T & A, according to the indictment. The T & A gang members derived their name from the Trevitt and Atcheson streets in the King-Lincoln district, where authorities say, most of the gang members live, according to the indictment.
“This is our country, not their country … They don’t get to exercise sovereignty over 1 inch of this city. We are bringing the full force of the law against these defendants,” said Attorney General Jeff Sessions during a press conference in Columbus on Monday.
Sessions said each of the suspects could face life in prison.
Suspects named in the indictment are:
- Dominique Bryant, (AKA or also known as) Doggy, 26
- Charles Carson, 23
- Jonathan Dantzler, also known as Jesus, 26
- Terrell Hansard, also known as T Body, 21
- Andrew Harris, also known as Drip, 30
- Eric Henderson Jr., also known as Lil Go, Lil E
- Eric Henderson Sr., also known as Easy, 39
- Michael Henderson, also known as Bang, 20
- Steven Henderson Jr., also known as Big Go, Tana, 25
- Brandon Martin, also known as Gunner, 26
- Lee Devine McCrae, also known as Capone, 22
- Shawn Nelms, also known as Mook, 25
- Terrance Pyfrom, also known as Tee, 21
- Donovan Reed, also known as Don Don, 26
- Deswan Robinson, also known as Dezzy, 25
- Thomas Seals, also known as Bhomo, 24
- Derrick Thorton, also known as Fresh, 29
- Marcus Walton, also known as Ox and Wax, 35
- Michael Watson, also known as Sossa, 25
Starting in July 2010, T & A members and associates allegedly conspired in a racketeering enterprise and engaged in murders, attempted murders, drug trafficking, firearms trafficking, witness tampering, robbery, assault and other crimes, according to the indictment.
The co-conspirators are accused of the following murders:
Dantzler and Nelms allegedly shot and killed Franky Tenton in the area of 431 Ellison St. on July 1, 2012.
Martin, Nelms and Robinson allegedly shot and killed William Moore, a rival gang member on March 15, 2013.
Henderson, Watson allegedly shot and killed Marvin Ector on East 5th Avenue on Dec. 23, 2013.
Carson allegedly shot and killed Quincy Story on Jan. 24, 2015.
Hansard was allegedly involved in the murder of Deaonte Fisher on March 4, 2016.
From June 14, 2010, to March 15, 2017, officials say there were at least 26 separate incidences in which the T & A gang members attempted to murder individuals.